Thursday, December 1, 2011

Six Concentration Pieces






- Complete at mind

















- Needles of calmness






















- The goal, journey, and the deep breath before it.











- The moment before a blast.












- Solitude at paradise rock















- Standstill at dusk.













Calmness is a word that has one definition when looked at by the general population, yet has several meanings when looked at by an individual. Calmness has several definitions when looked at from different perspectives and I choose this topic to explore how one can find calmness out of anything, even the most mundane or desolate thing by trying to switch perspectives. An example would be seeing a nuclear fallout as silence enveloping the world as human technology stops eating up nature. I hope to show the calmer outlook in my artwork, even though at first glance they may not seem so.

The few pieces which won't appear calm at first glance comes from my exposure to video games. I have been playing various genres of video games with different art styles and themes, which all had one thing in common: calmness. It seemed like a far-fetched idea to find calmness in video games, but I found that by trying to find calmness in any situations even from someone else's perspective, one will always find it (calmness).

The pieces I make will mostly take on an unconventional perspective. Like Hitler getting calmness out of the holocaust while the World cringes. However, there will be a few traditional calm pieces like a nice scenery. I chose this topic out of a need to challenge my creativity, and to find the simple calmness embedded within almost anything.




No comments:

Post a Comment