Monday, November 28, 2011

Re-edited Concentration : Surreal Juxtaposition



The topic for my concentration is surreal juxtaposition. All my paintings have topics and metaphors of their own but are united by the fact that they share a human character interacting in a surreal setting. The latter half of my works are all done in the Japanese “super flat” style and are all illustrations of sentences scribbled onto the artwork itself. I use personal symbols and imagined characters throughout the work, at times repeating these symbols to create my own iconography.

self-portraits



portrait




Poseidon


"collecting colors and thinking of what to do next"





Penguins







Tea for one








Anti-bionic roommate






"making good weather"



1 comment:

  1. These are really amazing !
    i really like your style
    what media do you use ? watercolour paper? acrylic?

    ReplyDelete