Monday, November 28, 2011

Semester One Concentration





































































My concentration is based on the culture of Nagaland, a small state in India which is my home. The culture and diversity between different tribes intrigues me and I want to show it through my pieces. The medium used for my art are mostly watercolor, acrylic, charcoal and ink. There aren't many people who know about Nagaland, and if they do it is a very stereotyped view that is portrayed in the rest of India, such as images of headhunting and eating everything that moves. I want to show the unique aspects of the culture, such as the strength of both masculine and feminine roles, the spiritual life of rituals and the decorative forms that are part of this rich culture. All of these aspects help form my identity as I venture out in the larger world.





No comments:

Post a Comment