Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Concentration, Culture and Mythology


Word: HEADHUNTER
My concentration revolves around the idea of my culture, Nagaland. The idea of how my people came to be and their stories and folklore are going to be the concentration of my art. The technique of shading and capturing facial expressions and movement through the use of simple base colors are going to be used. Simple, but important jewellery has different meanings to it and practices such as headhunting and its transition to modern ethics are to be portrayed. I have great interest in my ethnicity and hope to achieve and do justice through my art.

1 comment:

  1. I Really like Your Concentration Nayung .. I Was Also Planning To Do Something Similar To This But I Changed My mind Late ... I Like How U Are Diverting Ur Artwork And Focusing On Ur Religion And Yeah Mythology Sounds GREAT It Is Mythology Has Some Surreal Stuffs Too ;)

    ReplyDelete