Monday, August 8, 2011

Concentration:Geometry

My concentration for this portfolio will be geometry and the medium/theme I'm using is Urdu and Arabic calligraphy. As a kid, I always felt like the greatest achievable honour for me was having a beautiful Urdu handwriting and after 3 years of training with a professional calligraphist I found that what makes Urdu writing visually appealing is symmetry. This is why I chose geometry as my concentration. However, I find that there is symmetry in almost everything around us though it is not entirely obvious. My work won't seem "geomtrical" sometimes, but that will be a part of the mystery I'm trying to create. Because geometry, a lot like beauty, confuses me.
Word: Mashallah (Urdu word said to protect one from the evil eye)

No comments:

Post a Comment