Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Tomorrow


My Word: Tomorrow

The ambiguous future is in itself a vast and complex topic. The aim of my concentration would be to focus on how my religion, Buddhism, will transform or adapt in the technologically dominated future. I hope to combine futuristic aspects of what I feel the ‘new-fashioned’ world will look like and engrave within it a distinguished religious context of gaining enlightenment. I hope to juxtapose a meditative and tranquil atmosphere with the hectic ‘modern-ified’ future. What triggered me to choose this topic is the desire to know how my religion will transform/persist in the future. I wish to apply Buddha’s teachings/dharma of maintaining integrity and living in an impartial manner to portray how ‘tomorrow’ when the world is materialistic and when consumerism is at its peak they would only need one thing to regain contentment: Religion.

1 comment:

  1. dabbling with religion is slightly intimidating...but the interactions you see...the future you imagine...the sharp contrast between your themes..makes it really interesting...cool

    ReplyDelete