Sunday, September 4, 2011

Sapam: Concentration Work 1


-When people have distracting or angry thoughts, they try to calm themselves with a certain item. In my case, I simply think of a nail in various backgrounds, which mainly serves as that item that blocks every other thought in my head and gives me a sense of calm.
I have always wondered about how amazing it would be to have a blue sun, so I put it in my work. along with that I reversed the natural order of colors with the sun with the sky too. I believe still water serves as a source of calmness (not influenced by chinese movies), which is why I put in still water that serves to reflect the nail.

1 comment:

  1. Unlike your first artwork, I feel that your second artwork is not as strong as that of the first. I didnt really understand the artwork until I read the explanation! It definitely exudes the idea of calm for sure with the opaque colors of blue and yellow! You could maybe try to make the refelction darker to depict the idea of the reflection in the water. This could maybe help the viewer understand the idea better without reading the description! Apart from that, great concentration!

    ReplyDelete