Sunday, September 4, 2011

SuWan: concentration


















My concentration is pattern.
I found that repetition of same image can make different image as a whole.
Also, even though I used the same object to repeat, I made some differences between and that created a better pattern.
I chose phone and camera for this first two art works. Both of the objects really mean something to me; camera, I like taking pictures, phone, the only thing that I can actually talk with my parents and friends.

4 comments:

  1. i really like these pieces of yours! although it looks simple, i know it took a lot of effort (i guess coz i was right there when you were working on them) but yea, it's really cool!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the way how all the objects are drawn exactly the same creating a pattern, keeping it very simple but very detailed and nice. I think it would have been even more cool if the colors that she painted over the simple black and white pattern creates another pattern. So, there would be two patterns showing over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Repetition art always fascinated me; Your art is like Andy Warhol's except with a twist! I love both the pieces, but i think the first one could use more color or details maybe. The second one with cameras is perfect! I love the balance of bright colors and black and white.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The second piece is eyecatching because of the sudden use of color and the boarder. However, I think the first piece seems quite bland. I think it will look better if you outline the boarder like the second piece. Otherwise both are great! :)

    ReplyDelete